Monday, June 4, 2012

Writers Block: A new blog Segment!




Hey everyone, you might not know this about me but something I love more then fashion and makeup happens to be literature. I love all forms of writing from poetry to novels to biographies. So I decided that I would start this new segment on my blog called Writers Block. I will be doing book hauls and reviews on the ones that I have read. So for my first post I decided to show you some books that I have picked up lately. I usually get all of my books from the used book store because I tend to read a lot! So if I post pictures and the books look super old and beat up thats why.


[image from google]

This is the first book that attracted by attention, it was written in the 1930's by Daphne Du Maurier and published in 1938. She is a writer of historical fiction. This novel is about a young girl in Europe that meets an older gentleman at a hotel. They spend two weeks together and wind up getting married, when going back to his famous  manor called the Manderley she notices the workers are obsessed with his dead wife and do not seem to want her there. Dark secrets start to unfold about her new husband and his wires death.

[image from google]

I absolutely in love with Stephen Kings writing, he is one of my favorite authors of all time. This is the book It by Stephen King it was published in 1986. The book written about a town called Derry and about a group of kids that mistakenly run into the dark demon that kills children and takes their souls. They defeat it as kids or that is what they think so as adults they go back to finally defeat their past demons.

[image from google]

This is another Stephen King book it was published in 2001. It is about a group of men who twenty five years after saving and befriending a boy with down syndrome reunite in the woods for an annual hunting trip. Everything is fine until a stranger comes into their camp disoriented talking about things from the sky. The friends are thrown into chaos and struggle with a creature from another world.

[Image from Google]

Another book by Stephen King, are you sensing a trend? This book was published in 1998. After four years past his wives death a best-selling novelist Mike Noonan is still grieving and is unable to write. He is plagued by nightmares about a lake house that is his summer getaway so he reluctantly returns. He falls in love with a women and her daughter who's millionaire grandfather is trying to get custody of and he becomes fascinated by the ghostly visions he is seeing in the summer house.

[Image from Google]

Lastly the much talked about book Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James, it was published in 2011. This book is about a college girl named Anastasia Steele and she meets a business man named Christian Grey while interviewing his for a school project. Ana becomes intrigued with Grey and started to form a relationship with him. He throws her innocent mind into a different world from Grey's erotic tastes.




Books Talked About:

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier ; $7.67; Click Here

It by Stephen King; $8.99; Click Here

Dream Catcher by Stephen King; $7.99; Click Here

Bag of Bone by Stephen King; $7.99; Click Here

Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James; $10.98; Click Here






No comments:

Post a Comment