Thursday, July 5, 2012

Writers Block: Girl Parts by John M. Cusick

[Image from Google]

    Hello everyone I'm here with my review for the book I hauled a few weeks ago called Girl Parts, written by John M. Cusick. This book was published in 2010 by Candlewick Press Company. This book is about two dissociative boys that meet a therapist who wants to try out a new treatment on them. This treatment happens to be a life-size female robot with sensors that shock you when you do touch her before it is okay to due to a clock set in her body.

Over all this book was an okay read, it was very quick I finished it in two days and the way it was written was simple to read. The book was very easy to get into but the only character I really related to was Rose and I think the author wanted Charlie to be the more relatable character but that just didn't happen for me. The book was actually a fun read until the end which was kind of dry and dull. This book even though its called Girl Parts and the cover doesn't make it seem like it would be but it is actually geared towards a male audience. Which I think would be able to relate to the characters and enjoy the book a little more. All in all I give this book a three out of five stars.



Books Talked About:

Girl Parts by John M. Cusick; $13.50; Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment