Sunday, February 16, 2014

Product Review: Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach






         Well long time no blog everyone, I decided recently to get back into blogging remembering how much I used to enjoy it. So here I am with a product review for Sally Hansen's Creme Hair Bleach, like most every lady I was blessed with the dreaded "lady-stache" so after getting sick of looking at it in the mirror everyday I decided to do something about it. After researching a bit I concluded bleaching it would be the most sensible option for me. So I went online and researched different types of facial hair bleaches and discovered Sally Hansen's. I had used their other types of products before so I decided to give it a try.
     This is the kit that I decided on, my facial hair is not that dark and I wasn't bleaching my eyebrows so I chose the regular formula over the extra strength. If you have darker facial hair I would definitely go with the extra strength formula, especially if it is thick or coarse.
      This kit comes with four items a mixing tray, spatula, creme bleach, and activator. Make sure before applying any of the product to your face you try it on a small area on your arm, not just to test the bleaching but to make sure you don't have an allergy to the product. 
 

The creme that comes with it is a thick texture, it claims to have an almond scent but it mostly smelled like bleach and chemicals to me. When applying this you want to put a generous amount because this product tends to slide around. The creme itself does sting the skin a little after applied, make sure you take it off if the stinging gets to intense. 
      The activator that it comes with is a powder form, the best way to get it out of the container is to pour a small amount into the cap and use the spatula to put it onto the tray. I used a little more then the recommended amount because after testing a small amount on my arm and didn't like the bleaching results adding more did the trick. 

         Above is the before and after of my results, I didn't have much hair in the first place so I am sorry if the change doesn't seem that noticeable. It did a good job bleaching the hair without irritating my skin, of course my skin was a little red afterwards but that is expected when using any type of bleaching product on the skin. I definitely would recommend this product for someone who has a small amount of unwanted facial hair.

Pros:
  • Bleached hair to a light blonde color
  • Made hair look less noticable
  • Did not irritate skin 
  • Did not cause hair to turn an orange color instead of blonde
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Chemical smell
  • Does sting the skin a bit 

Products Mentioned:

Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach; $7.95; Buy Here


Disclaimer: All products mentioned were bought with my own money. I am not being paid or sponsored in anyway for writing this post or stating my opinion about this product.
 




     


No comments:

Post a Comment