Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Writers Block: Book Review The Enemy by Charlie Higson

[Image from Goodreads]


      Hello everyone, this is my review on the apocalyptic thriller called The Enemy by Charlie Higson. This book was published September 3, 2008, and it is 448 pages long. The synopsis of this book is" They'll chase you, They'll rip you open, They'll feed on you. When the sickness came all the adults in the world became ill and died, or worse they became crazed. Only children under the age of 14 have survived the illness and are fighting to survive. There are rumors of a safe place to hide so the group of kids take a dangerous adventure across London in search of it. But will they make it there alive". Sounds pretty good I know and here are my thoughts on it.

   First picking up this book I was expecting to be reading more of a adult novel due to the reviews saying how disgusting and descriptive it was. When I began reading I was thrown off by the writing style, to me it was almost as if a ten year old had written it. Then I realized that the writing style was narration mostly so it was ten year olds talking most of the time which explained a lot. So once I got past the writing style I found the book to be very well written. It is full of emotion and action scenes to boot, and the reviews were not lying when they said it got pretty disgusting at times. This to me was a great start to what seems to be an interesting series( I just finished book two and it was awesome!). So all in all I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars. Only because the way it was written still throws me off a bit but you do get used to it after a few chapters.


Books Discussed:

The Enemy by Charlie Higson; $13.99; Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment